Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Spring Dress


isitreallysewstrange.blogspot.ca
Showering my lovely friend with love at her baby shower


A baby shower is a great excuse to make a new dress. This dress started as a dress to wear to a friend's wedding in January. I cut it out and sewed the front and back together. It didn't look the way I wanted it to so I abandoned it and wore a RTW dress instead. Then as May rolled around and I was less stressed at work, the dress popped into my mind again. I had a baby shower to attend and I could wear a new dress. So, I sewed on the facings, sewed the front and back together and then hit up pinterest for some hem inspiration. I settled on a scalloped hem. I feel like is a cute springy hem suitable for a baby shower. I used this tutorial from the Collette blog to create the hem. So, while watching Law and Order: SVU on Netflix, I carefully clipped, turned and pressed my scalloped hem. I think it was an episode and a half of this tedious work. But the end result is worth it.  


I used a blue-violet suiting from Fabricland. The pattern is a modified Simplicity 4408, the same one I used to create this dress

2 comments: